Have you ever experienced one of those dreams where you were trying to run but you couldn't move? It's like you're trapped, or stuck and you can't get away or move forward. The sense of urgency to move can be frustrating.
Life can be like this at times for us, hasn't it?
Feeling trapped in a situation that doesn't feel right.
Knowing that something has to change.
But feeling frustrated because you don't really know what to do.
This niggling feeling continues to tap you on the shoulder. And you keep trying to push it aside thinking if you ignore it, it might go away.
However despite your greatest attempts to run far away and ignore it - you can't. It gets louder and louder until it's so unbearable that you can't hear anything else.
Being stuck is having a strong awareness of what you want and desire - or knowing that your current situation is not what you desire - and not taking action to change your situation. Alternatively you might be already taking action but it's not working, so you continue to feel stuck because your situation is not improving.
This feeling of uncertainty, confusion and not knowing what step to take next to move forward may show up differently for everyone in one or more of the following areas of life:
- Trapped in a job that doesn't interest or excite you and you don't know what to do about it
- Stuck in your business, procrastinating and unsure what direction to go forward
- Confused and unsure in your relationship but afraid to decide if you should stay or go
- Stuck with your weight, energy and health, knowing what you should do but just not doing it
And it is in this space we remain stuck in limbo - neither going one way or the other.
One foot in and one foot out. Stuck in indecision & Inaction
Why do we stay in this place of feeling stuck in some situations?
This happens for many reasons - here I'll cover one of these reasons and what you can do about it.
- Fear - Often we remain trapped in fear based thinking and limiting beliefs based on the past
- Resistance - Often there can be underlying resistance to change which is a sign that you are out of rapport with yourself, so it remains easier to stay in inaction and do nothing
- Confusion - Not knowing and understanding yourself well and being unclear about what you really want
- Conflicting values - Not having any clarity around what's important to you and why. Often when we are stuck our values are in direct conflict with the external circumstances in our life
- Reacting rather than responding to life - When we are numb and unaware of our emotions we are trapped in reactive emotional states that keep us stuck. We miss the feedback and stay trapped in a vicious cycle that continues to bring us more of the same.
- Staying focused on reality and what is - Where your attention flows your energy goes. If your attention is constantly focused on problems, what you don't want and what is not working in your current reality that is all you will experience and therefore attract more of the same.
What can you do now to Start getting unstuck to move forward
Turn on the light
Be willing to turn the light on the situation and address it. Be willing to get up close and personal to explore the situation with a curious attitude to discover what's really going on. If you're not willing to turn on the light you can't get any awareness or clarity to see and understand what's really happening.
Acknowledge Where You Are Right Now
Now you can see the situation in full light. Can you allow yourself to simply acknowledge and admit to where you are and how you're feeling? Often we spend so much time avoiding and denying how we really feel. Get honest now to yourself, acknowledge that you're feeling stuck, confused, frustrated or what ever it is that you feel. It's important you can simply acknowledge where you are right now, free from attachment and judgement on yourself.
Illuminate A New Desired Path Forward
Clarity around what you want and where you are going is all you need to begin the process of moving forward. It really is that simple to begin. Therefore to move out of confusion and into clarity, allow this new light to clearly shine light and awareness onto what you truly do desire.
If you are not clear about where you are going, you can't get there.
How is it impacting you to continue going around and around in circles with the same result?
I spent many years going around and round in circles. I didn't really know who I was or what I wanted. I never turned on the light to look closely at my life. Therefore I continued to go round and round, keeping busy, in fact addicted to being busy and chasing the next thing. I was achieving more and more but feeling more and more a sense of emptiness and dissatisfaction. I had no idea who I was and what I wanted and because of this I stayed stuck in situations and circumstances that didn't feel good.
The journey I'm on to reclaiming my personal power all started with awareness. It started when I stopped running around in the dark looking for answers outside of myself and turned on the light to look within. Now I am so much more connected to the truth of who I am. I know what I want and I have the choice to make choices that align with me, to create a life that is in alignment with who I really am - and it feels good!
I've created a FREE 3 part video series with downloadable discovery playbooks that will help you flick on the light so you too, can get more clarity and confidence to make clear choices in your life and reclaim your true power.
You can learn more and access this right away by clicking the button below!
It's not worth staying miserable and stuck.
Change is easier when you know how and you have the resources to support you to make meaningful choices that feel good to you.
Love Jacinda xx