Have you been stuck wondering how to lose weight easily or improve your health and energy when you always seem to just give in and give up?
When I grew up my mother always told me "if you think you can or think you can't you're right". Perhaps your parents told you the same thing? I never really thought too much about it.
And on reflection I recall myself often saying things like "I can't do this", "I'll never be able to run as fast as her", "I'll never have a flat stomach", "I'll never be able to land that figure skating jump in competition".
We say things like this all the time without any consideration or thought as to how it's really impacting our reality.
I'm only just starting to really grasp the reality of this statement and the full truth behind it.
You see, your language, your inner dialogue, the words you use are so much more powerful than you can even comprehend.
Your mind will always seek to provide you with evidence that your thoughts are the truth. Always.
Whatever you think or say becomes your reality. That is how your mind works. So think about the impact of this when you say things like the following:
- "I just can't get motivated"
- "I can't get out of bed in the morning"
- "It's so hard to lose weight"
- "When I get stressed I eat"
- "I've always struggled to keep weight off"
It is not possible to lose weight or achieve greater health if you think you can't or have any belief or story counteractive to your goal of losing weight.
In conversation with a client last week, she said to me the following:
"When I get stuck I will......." it might seem small but this belief and language is reinforcing that she will get stuck.
I was able to shine the light on her language and her limiting belief pattern of thinking that it was just a matter of time that she will get stuck. Instead we created awareness so she could switch her attention. language and energy towards successfully completing her goal, and eliminating the old belief that was keeping her stuck.
One of the things I cover in Your Enriched Life Guide is creating awareness around the patterns, thoughts and behaviours that are keeping you stuck where you are and preventing you from moving towards what you desire. You can get your free copy of this guide down below this post.
The easiest way to start becoming aware of this is listening to others in conversation and the words that they use to suggest they are going to struggle, fail, fall apart, mess up and so on.
So I would love to invite you to notice where are your thoughts and words leading you in the opposite direction to where you want to go?
3 steps to get clear on what is stopping you from losing weight (or achieving any goal) and why you always end up giving in and giving up.
- What goal/s are you working towards achieving?
- What stories are you telling yourself about your ability to achieve these goals?
- What new beliefs are you now going to tell yourself instead?
Here is an example to help guide you, so you can discover your own answers.
- Losing 5 kg
- It's so hard to lose weight, I have to give up so many things I like, I have to be so strict, I won't be able to go out to all the social events that are happening because I know I can't hold back, last time I lost weight I gained it straight back and so on
- Losing weight is easy and effortless, I lose weight with ease, the choices I make are nourishing and loving to myself and my body, I eat balanced and nourishing food, I enjoy moving my body, I am full of confidence in my body, I am fit and strong.
Now, go ahead, take your new belief - write it everywhere you can see it throughout your day. Put it as a reminder into your phone to remind yourself of your new supportive beliefs.
Changing your stories and beliefs about what is possible is how you can start to create real, long-lasting changes and achieve greater success in reaching your goals and desires.
Please share with me in the comments below what old belief are you declaring to let go of and what new belief are you replacing it with?